- GitHub Guides has lots of info about GitHub. If you do go here, I recommend you start with “Hello, World!”.
- Getting started with git is a good place to get started with Git, which is different from GitHub, and manages the evolution of your files - what is known as version control.
- Some thought should be given to your github username.
- There are many types of github accounts.
- To master Github, you shall master issues, a collaborative way of tracking tasks and changes to your project.
- And to master the styling of your GitHub documents, here is a Markdown cheatsheet. Markdown is a way to style documents on the web.
- The Github Student Developer Pack is a brilliant set of developer tool freebies for students that you won’t want to miss.
- Lastly, the complete guide to thrive in GitHub and Git, Happy Git and GitHub for the useR, by Jenny Bryan.
- Want to share your GitHub repository with the world? Make it into a website with GitHub pages.
Thanks to Icíar Fernández Boyano for gathering this list from past STAT 545 iterations.